Transitioning Your Child
The transition for children into Walkley heights child care center is an important milestone for children and families. This transition can be challenging and emotional for both the parent and the child. Therefore, we offer you this information to help the transition process.
Partnerships with families permit for educators and parents to work and communicate collaboratively to give your child the best possible outcome for development. Therefore, at Walkley Heights Child Care Centre we will communicate with you daily about your child and understand attitudes and expectations for your child’s development.
By having transition visits also allows your child to become familiar with the Centre, educators and other children. If your child is in the Baby room you will also be given a routine form or you too fill out and return to help our educators settle and best accommodate your child’s routines whilst at care.
How to enrol
- Once you have worked out your options for child care and taken a centre tour, you’ll be in a good position to pick the right centre for your child. Enrolling at Walkley Heights Child Care Centre is simple! Complete the enrolment form you received on your tour, if you have any questions or are unsure about any part of the form please don’t hesitate to contact us, and we will be able to help you out. Once the forms have been completed please return them to the centre, and they will be uploaded to our QikKids program.
- Prior to commencing you are welcome to organise orientation visits where your child can become more familiar with the educators, children, room routines and families are able to discuss any needs / requirements your child may have.
How to prepare
The best way to prepare your child for childcare is to get excited! It’s the start of an amazing period of growth and development for them. If you’re happy they’re more likely to be happy, talk with your child about the experience, come in for orientation visits so they become familiar with their new setting.
What to expect on the day
- First days can be challenging for both parents and children, so it’s natural to feel a bit anxious about this big change to the family routine.
- Our centre staff are more than happy to explain the process of dropping off your child and saying goodbye. We encourage families to contact the centre at any time to check on their child and how their day is progressing. At the start or/ and the end of each day you can talk to your child’s educators to get a feel for how well your child is adapting to the change.
- Our centre will do everything to help your child to settle in quickly. Before you know it, they’ll have made new friends and be running in without even a wave goodbye! If you feel your child is having difficulty settling into the centre, please feel free to discuss this with the educators in your child’s room.